Friday, April 24, 2009

DIY flower trial

So yesterday I bought 2 dozen roses from Meijer in order to do a DIY flower trial run to see if I could actually do it for our wedding flowers. Turns out I can, but I need some more practice, haha. The bouquet turned out more oblong than round like I want it and I'm not really satisfied with the wrapping around the stems. Arden also says that he thinks it would look better if the stems were completely covered up instead of the stems hanging out at the end. I'm not sure what I'd like better, I've seen it both ways. I'll just have to keep trying I guess. Arden says I should do it once a month until our wedding. That's a lot of flower arranging! But then we'd always have fresh roses on the kitchen table...
PS, don't mind the Target bag in the sink, our sink stopper doesn't fit in the drain...







1 comment:

  1. I love it! It loos so nice, I wish I could have made my own? are you preserving your bouquet? I am doing it myself, using silica beads and an empty box. It seems really easy.

    ReplyDelete